The whole trip was wonderful, we all had so much fun, yet getting there was trying to say the least. It was my first time flying alone with Genevieve were she needed her own seat and thought this is just going to be a disaster. How do you get a two year old to stay in their seat through not one but two plane rides? I had this genius idea I would take her car seat on the plane with me. What better way to have a toddler sit still than strapping them down to the point they can't wiggle themselves away. So I loaded my phone with Mickey Mouse Club House and Super Why episodes and went to the airport relatively confident I could do this. Two suitcases, a diaper bag, my work laptop, and my purse are enough to carry alone for one person - now add in a 35 pound child, a massive car seat and a stroller. I should have gone into the circus instead of office management for my career, seriously. So I schlepped my way through the airport performing a balancing act of stuff that could probably been my easy in to Ringling Bros. I decided to get to the airport a little bit ahead of schedule so Genevieve and I could have dinner there and run around a bit. A tired and full baby makes everyone happy. Except our flight got delayed 2 hours. So we spent
"It's so awesome, mama"
"I'm in the airplane!
Spending the hour and a half at JFK airport on a Friday night, was like going to a Walmart. Maybe it was exhaustion but I was overly terrified. It was 11PM I was tired, my daughter was one meltdown past exhaustion, and I really wasn't trying to make friends with strangers. We finally arrived in Boston at about 1:30AM and got to my families house around 2AM.
So this is where the fun comes in. Every year my family goes to Lake Champlain in Vermont to spend a week at a resort there. I had yet to go so I was overly excited. I love Vermont - the air is different, the scenery is breathtaking and the people are great, much different from where I live currently. So we got up at 6AM Saturday morning, packed the cars and kids, I downed a few redbulls, and started driving. I miss living in New England, you are so close to the ocean and the mountains. People say the same about living in Metro DC but I think it is completely different. Genevieve loved spending time with her Uncle and our family.
Picture overload. They are so out of order.
Genevieve at breakfast Sunday morning
The kids on the deck running around after being in the car for 7 hours
The main entrance, I just LOVED the doors.
We came just in time for the festival
Getting her 2nd balloon animal. (The first one we popped, it was a horrible sight.)
I just love her expressions, so much like her Mama.
Genevieve and I sitting on the gigantic adirondack chair.
Halfway done with the animal.
Genevieve & her Papa
The next morning after breakfast, she had to bring that balloon everywhere.
Eskimo baby & the bonfire
Lake Champlain
Me, Genevieve and my brother Freddy
Leaves!
Uncle & Niece (They are too cute.)
Christmas card picture? I think so
The kids outside the cottage
We even got to visit the Vermont Teddy Bear factory and make our own bears!
She named her bear Mickey Mouse - really she did.
A little pre-gaming Saturday afternoon before the Bacon & Beer Festival.
Rocktoberfest! We arrived just in time.
We drove home Sunday afternoon. Which I really didn't mind. I was able to see some of my friends which was great! Jackie & her daughter Skyler came over for dinner on Monday night. I have known her since my senior year of high school so it's always a tradition for her to come for dinner when I am home.
Jackie & I
Meghan, me & Jackie
We were exhausted.
Our flight left Boston Tuesday morning at 6:30AM, since I had to be back at by 11AM. After going out the night before with Jackie, I was a tad out of sorts at work that day.
We are now back into a routine? HA do we even have one and getting ready for the holidays. I hope everyone is excited for Thanksgiving - I sure am!
No comments:
Post a Comment