Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween.

Oh Em Gee - The first holiday I am not late posting on. Que fireworks and all things sparkly.  

I am more than excited for halloween this year - it happens to be the first year Genevieve and I go trick or treating, my last time was 11 years ago... sayyy whaaa?  I am overly ecstatic because this mama LOVES her some candy :)

Genevieve's costume was one of the most epic parent/child costume fails I have seen.  The irony in it is the topping on the cake - no pun intended. 
Allow me to introduce to you:




My 2 year old bride.  I kid you not, my daughter is a bride for Halloween.  Trust me I'm still trying to process it myself.  I honestly thought I bought a princess costume, in an attempt at being amazingly frugal.  I purchased this lovely bad boy at a discount store when we were visiting my family in MA (whole other post with a massive amount of mommy & daughter pictures, you have been warned.)  
I got it back to the house and had her try the dress on.  As I was unpacking all the little trinkets I noticed the pearl necklace? uh is this some classy princess, and then the veil.  
I was horrified and obviously Genevieve was beyond ecstatic about her "costume" because all she knew was costume = chocolate and she loves that. I know I could have "spiced it up" a bit, but she was so excited about the veil and dress, I didn't have the heart to do it.  
While doing our trick or treating trial run this past Saturday I noticed, her costume is the shizznit.  How many parents do you know who dress their toddler's up as a bride?  Um I saw none.  Am I messing with her fate?  It's completely possible, but homegirl over here is far more likely to have a better outcome than her mama has, bride dress or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment