Friday, May 11, 2012

What we eat.

I have always been slightly obsessed with the things I allow Genevieve to eat.  She just recently had her first hot dog and cheeseburger from five guys, both of which were horrifying experiences for me by the way.  Growing up, I hardly ever ate at McDonald's or any fast food of the sort.  I grew up trying all different kinds of foods most kids wouldn't touch until their teens.  I wasn't forced to eat it, but I had to try it.  Instilling this on my child was very important.  I promised myself before she was born that I would always make a honest attempt in giving her as natural and healthy foods as possible. I'm not perfect with this by any means but the intention is there with every meal I make.  G's pediatrician is amazed that I am still practicing such healthy eating habits on her and trying different avenues to new foods.  So, I thought I would share some, plus who doesn't love to see fun easy things to make anyway.  This does not require any skill, if it did I would not be making it, considering my cooking abilities have always severely lacked substance.


Local farm fresh strawberries & Gluten Free blueberry waffle


Wild caught blacken salmon, butternut squash, and organic quinoa. 

For me:
Plain Greek yogurt, with organic muesli cereal from the bulk area at our local organic market.  Normally I add slices of banana to it, but I was hungry/lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment